Monday, September 16, 2013

Victory Day










Top - Merona / Leggings - Forever 21 / Boots - Charlotte Russe

I was so excited to go to work today and tell everyone about my triumph.

My favorite was when my boss came in. I took off my medal to hand it to her, and she flipped it over to read it and exclaimed "First place?!" 
Yes indeedy. 
Then she said "And you said you didn't even know if you were going to get a medal." I told her my time and the my age category and a colleague said to us "And that's the really healthy category." Later on in the day I went back to tell her of my overall placement in the race which lead to a good 15-20 minute conversation about the race, my training, and my upcoming (first) full marathon. It was just a glorious day. I am still riding the high.

Let me jump back into some actualy fashion/style talk, since that is what the main focus of this blog is. Thinking ahead to the day after race day, I knew I wanted to wear leggings. Not that I thought I was going to be sore (which turns out I was sore) but regardless I wanted to be comfortable. Mom and I were in Target for a LONG time looking for a nice tunic. It took us forever to find one. How does Target not have more tunics?! I don't understant That being said, anyone know where I can find nice, inexpensive, work appropriate (and casual) NOT see through tunics? Please let me know if you have any suggestions. 

xoxo ♔ Meg


p.s. This was my 100th post!

No comments:

Post a Comment